Warning: The following contains language of textuality, ridicule, satire, farce, and surrealism. Viewer discretion is advised.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Change

Was it a curse or a pure coincidence? The theme of our 'last' offsite meeting was 'Leading Change', and days after we are faced with a change that no one had seen it coming. To some, it's beyond belief, and it's almost unreal.

I'm a believer of change, and I believe every change comes opportunity. Well, I'm not sure now. I am trying to convince myself it's a good one, and I know I'll be over it some time later, and I will look back and see this a small thing to sweat about.

Regardless of what's being changed, the emotional roller-coaster ride one has to endure, from the moment of uncertainty to the moment of truth, is overwhelming. It's almost to the point of near death experience... okay, I've exaggerated a bit. But I think even before the change is taking place, the emotional turbulance is a memorable learning experience by itself. It's a great feeling, and a good oppportunity to train up one's EQ and confidence. Despite the occasional fright, I quite enjoy this feeling coz I know I'll only be stronger when it's all over. At which time, it will be back to business-as-usual -- the same feeling you get the moment you get off the roller-coaster. Will you then wish it hadn't ended so quickly, or will you then go for another ride?

Change is a fact of life as I've said it. Some like it, most dread it. But only the ones who enjoy it will take advantage of it, grow with it, and stay ahead of the rest of the crowd. I treasure every one that I come across.

1 comment:

SP said...

No one can do a change immediately. It is a slow process that follow you till the death. Understanding one's qualities and dis qualities will help him to change himself till an extend. No one can change immediately upon taking any course or trainings.

Sherin - Investinternals